28 December 2006

In the News

Due to successfully qualifying to represent Team USA at the 2006 Duathlon World Championships I have had a few news articles written about me. A couple of these stories are available electronically and I have provided the link below.

Gary Franchi, a columnist at the Pueblo Chieftain, headlined one of his columns with a short story that was later featured on the Southern Colorado Runners website. The article is titled Former Rye Athlete Gains World Duathlon Birth [link]. I grew up in the small town of Rye, Colorado and was happy to see that the community still supports my pursuits (as they always had).

The Brown Daily Herald is a student ran paper at Brown University. They run a single summer edition of their paper each year and I was fortunate to be featured in the sports section. Madeleine Marecki, both writer and cross country athlete, wrote the article Reineke Chases World Duathlon Title and Doctorate [link].

Other articles were written in the Greenhorn Valley View, the weekly local paper for Rye, CO, and in EastSide Monthly Magazine, a wonderful periodical serving the east-side of Providence, RI. Although I was not mentioned in the article, a few body parts (forehead and shoulder) were in a picture of the fall 2006 edition of the USAT-ran magazine Triathlon Life, see image below.

No comments: